San Diego County (760) 295-2084
Orange County (949) 891-5638
"Advanced solutions for your property!"
Pacific Gas & Electric Multifamily Upgrade Program (PG&E)
Pacific Gas & Electric Company's (PG&E) Multifamily Upgrade Program
promotes and facilitates energy-efficient retrofits of multifamily housing through design assistance, cash incentives, and program coordination.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s (PG&E) Multifamily Upgrade Program offers incentives for conducting an energy and combustion safety assessment and upgrading to qualifying, energy efficiency products and systems in existing multifamily properties.
Multifamily buildings present a great opportunity for improving energy efficiency. As a property owner or manager, you can take advantage of the Multifamily Upgrade Program to create greater energy savings throughout your property.
- Offset the cost of efficiency investments. Assessment and installation incentives help property owners offset the upfront costs of making multiple energy-efficiency upgrades at once.
- Use less, save more. Install multiple energy efficiency upgrades at once and benefit from a whole building systems-based approach to energy savings.
- Improve comfort, health, and safety. Property owners can help their tenants benefit from a more efficient and comfortable home.
- Improve property financial performance. Property owners can increase a property’s net operating income, return on investment, and property value with investments in energy efficiency.
The program is open to both affordable and market-rate multifamily housing properties. Buildings that meet the following eligibility requirements may qualify for energy efficiency incentives.
- Gas and/or electric service from Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
- Minimum of 5 units per building
- Minimum 10 percent modeled whole-building energy savings
- Engage participating contractors and raters (Jones Energy Solutions) to perform the work
Two or more measures must be installed within the following 4 categories:
1. Building shell (Envelope)
2. Heating and cooling
3. Domestic hot water
4. Lighting and appliances
1. Pre-qualification: Jones Energy Solutions schedules site visit for property.
2. Enrollment: participant works with a Partner Rater (Jones Energy Solutions) and submits a
3. Property assessment: Jones Energy Solutions conducts a property assessment and submits a test-in package.
4. Incentive reservation: TRC reviews test-in package and, upon successful desktop review, issues a letter of reservation.
5. Energy efficiency improvements: participant installs approved upgrade measures (must be 2 or more measures installed within the 4 categories: building shell, heating & cooling, domestic hot water, and lighting and appliances).
6. Verification: Jones Energy Solutions verifies installation measures and submits test-out package.
7. Payment: TRC reviews test-out package and, upon successful review, issues a completion letter. PG&E processes incentives.
The program issues upgrade and assessment incentives to the property owner applicant after the successful completion and verification of the project. The owner applicant may sign the assessment incentive over to the Partner Rater (Jones Energy Solutions) supporting the project.
Assessment incentives offset a portion of the cost of a comprehensive energy assessment and verification. The assessment incentive equates to $100 per dwelling unit for up to 200 units; the minimum total incentive is $2,500 and the maximum is $20,000 per project. Projects that achieve 25% or greater savings will receive a $25/unit bonus, up to 200 units.
Upgrade incentives are tiered based on modeled whole-building site energy savings. Incentives begin at $600 per dwelling unit (at 10 percent whole-building improvement) and escalate up to $2,250 per unit (at 50 percent improvement). The incentive is designed to offset a portion of the installed cost of upgrades that contribute to the whole-building savings, and cannot exceed actual upgrade costs.
How to get started:
After we help process your program application, you’ll receive assistance and cash rebates to make upgrades easy:
1. Contact us: To get started with the program, please call our office at (760)295-2084 or fill out the "Request Information" form below . Please note that all projects (installation of energy efficiency measures) must be completed by Nov. 15, 2015. Call to schedule a Site Visit.
2. Get an assessment: Identify the most cost-effective improvements with an energy audit; cash incentives help offset the cost (details apply).
3. Make improvements: Purchase and install energy conservation measures such as windows, HVAC units, water heaters, insulation, lighting, etc. (must install 2 or more measures within the 4 categories : building shell, heating & cooling, domestic hot water, and lighting & appliances).
4. Receive rebates: Significant incentives and rebates help offset your costs (details apply).
PG&E Multifamily Upgrade funds are limited!
Contact our Multifamily Energy Specialist at
HERS Services | H.E.R.S. Services | HERS Measures | H.E.R.S. Measures | Refrigerant Charge Test |
Duct Testing | Duct Leakage Test | Blower Door Test | EER | QII | TXV | Airflow Test | HERS II Rating |
Energy Audit | State Energy Audits | EEM Energy Audit | Watt Draw |Existing Conditions Verifications |
Title 24 Compliance Verifications | LEED | H.E.R.S. Rater Verification | HERS Report | CF-3R | CF-1R |
Multifamily HERS Rater | Multifamily Energy Audits | Multifamily Energy Auditor |
Multifamily Energy Rebates | Multifamily Energy Assessments | Bay Area Energy Audits |
SF Bay Area Energy Audits | Alameda County Energy Audits | Union City CA Energy Audits |
Home Energy Audits | Hayward CA Home Energy Audits | Fremont CA Home Energy Audits |
Pacific Gas & Electric Multifamily Upgrade Program | PG&E Multifamily Upgrade Program | Energy Upgrade Multifamily Program | Energy Upgrade CA |PG&E Multifamily Energy Rebates | Union City CA Energy Assessments | SF Bay Area Home Upgrade | PG&E Home Energy Rebates | PG&E Multifamily Upgrade Program |PG&E Multifamily Site Visit| Energy Upgrade Rebates | Energy Upgrade Incentives |pg&e multifamily upgrade program Oakland | pg&e multifamily upgrade program Hayward | pg&e multifamily upgrade program Alameda county | pg&e multifamily program incentives | pg&e multifamily program rebates | PG&E Multifamily Rebates up to $2,250 per unit! | PG&E Multifamily Energy Improvement Rebates | PG&E Multifamily Rebates for Windows, Insulation, Lighting, HVAC, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Cool Roofs, Water Heaters | PG&E Multifamily Energy Assessments | PG&E Multifamily Energy Assessment Rebates |
Alameda County HERS Raters | Fremont HERS Raters | Hayward HERS Raters |
Union City HERS Raters | San Leandro HERS Raters | San Lorenzo HERS Raters |
Oakland HERS Raters | Dublin HERS Raters | Newark HERS Raters |
Pleasanton HERS Raters |
Alameda County Energy Auditors | Fremont Energy Auditors | Hayward Energy Auditors |
Union City Energy Auditors | San Leandro Energy Auditors | San Lorenzo Energy Auditors |
Oakland Energy Auditors | Dublin Energy Auditors | Newark Energy Auditors |
Pleasanton Energy Auditors |
Alameda County Multifamily Energy Rater | Oakland Multifamily Energy Rater | Fremont Multifamily Energy Rater | Hayward Multifamily Energy Rater| Union City Multifamily Energy Rater| San Leandro Multifamily Energy Rater| San Lorenzo Multifamily Energy Rater| Dublin Multifamily Energy Rater| Newark Multifamily Energy Rater|Pleasanton Multifamily Energy Rater|
Areas We Proudly Serve:
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Region:
Hayward, Fremont, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Oakland, Dublin, Pleasanton, Union City, Newark.
We Serve Alameda County for the PG&E Multifamily Energy Upgrade Program Only.